Welcome to Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School!
At the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year the school buildings went through a name change - from Mt. Calvary Lutheran School to Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School. Our focus still remains strong that we exist to assist parents in our congregations and communities in their God-given responsibility to bring their children up "in the training and instruction of the Lord."
Effective classroom management and Christian discipline creates an atmosphere where teachers can teach and students can learn. Parents participate in our classrooms and know the teachers by name. Because of the partnership with Bethel, Mt. Calvary and St. Luke Lutheran churches, we are able to offer "big school activities" yet are small enough to "feel like family".
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to our students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administering its educational or admissions policies, and athletic and other administered programs.
Our Core Values
- Jesus Christ is taught and integrated in all activities
- Partnership with the home
- Partnership with the church
- Service to the children God sends us
- Academic excellence
- Growth in Christian discipleship
- A safe and supportive Christian environment
- Responsible citizens and scholars who can influence tomorrow
Desired Outcome for Students
- Know Jesus as their Savior
- Actively use God's Word in their lives
- Share God's Word with others
- Lead a responsible Christian life
- Appreciate God's creation
- Communicate effectively
- Develop Christ-centered esteem
- Develop character and personal respect
- Attend and be successful in high school