Welcome to Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School!
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School is unique. At present it is the only partnership in the FVL schools. Three congregations- Bethel, Mt. Calvary, and St. Luke- are partnering to offer high quality education for three year old preschoolers to eighth grade.
Our curriculum offers religion, math, reading, literature, music, Spanish and much more. We have individual instruction for both the struggling student and the gifted. We use SuccessMaker for supplemental reading and math to strengthen any weaknesses a student has. Our students participate in math bowls and sports such as soccer, volleyball, basketball and cheerleading.
We have an active parents' group for the support of the teachers. We have chapel every Friday and library every Wednesday. We have activities that foster friendship amongst the different age groups: chapel buddies, reading buddies, and the SVLS spring Olympics. Our students are offered piano, violin, viola, mountain dulcimer, and participate in the FVL grade school instrument lessons. We are one of three Lutheran schools that have Prairie Fire Children's Theatre work with our students to put on a variety of plays.
We do all of this, without losing sight of our mission: to work with the parents and congregations in making disciples for our Lord and Savior.
Our Core Values
- Jesus Christ is taught and integrated in all activities
- Partnership with the home
- Partnership with the church
- Service to the children God sends us
- Academic excellence
- Growth in Christian discipleship
- A safe and supportive Christian environment
- Responsible citizens and scholars who can influence tomorrow
Desired Outcome for Students
- Know Jesus as their Savior
- Actively use God's Word in their lives
- Share God's Word with others
- Lead a responsible Christian life
- Appreciate God's creation
- Communicate effectively
- Develop Christ-centered esteem
- Develop character and personal respect
- Attend and be successful in high school
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to our students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administering its educational or admissions policies, and athletic and other administered programs.